IMG_5577Conveyances, deeds and land titles are commonly used as Belize land document to certify ownership of properties in Belize. Land in areas that are not yet declared under the Registered Land Act are held mostly with conveyances as they pass from seller to buyer or benefactor to beneficiaries. In areas that are declared, a Land Certificate is issued and this can be transfered easily with a Transfer of Land application

A conveyance or deed for land in undeclared area can be converted to a First Certificate Title (FCT) which can be transfer with a TCT, making the transaction more efficient and buyers have more confidence in the land ownership instrument. Obtaining an FCT requires some effort and patience but it will ensure that your property is properly noted in the Belize Land Registry. As long as lending institution continue to accept conveyances and there are buyers who have enough faith to accept this type of document for a transfer at the Belize Lands Department, conveyances and deeds will have roles.



ga('create', 'UA-32664745-2', ''); ga('send', 'pageview'); // ]]>

Recent Comments

  1. sandragrant

    Hi Roy,

    The seller may provide a notarized sales agreement on which the payment or partial payment can be made. However, this document is only proof of purchase. A transfer of land application or conveyance (if in an undeclared area) must be submitted to the Lands Department for it to issue a new land title certificate. 

    If you need further assistance with this matter kindly contact us at [email protected]

  2. Good evening, Sandra

    My name is Roy Hafer I bought a Land in Northern Lagoon área in Belize. How can i get a title or transfer certificate title from the right authorities (Land Delartment in Belize)

  3. sandragrant

    Hi Dyann,

    Did you get a ticket from the Lands Department for the submission of your land transfer application. If you have one, we can check on the status of your transfer. Lately processing of documents at the Lands Department has been moving at snail pace so it is not unusual for it to be taking a long time but regular checking on the status of your application would help.

  4. We bought property in Placencia over a year ago. We still do not have a deed to the land. How long should we expect to wait?

  5. sandragrant

    You need to visit the Lands Department in Belmopan to submit an application along with the fee. You may find a line but this can be done in a day. If you are unable to visit BLP can do it for a small fee plus the cost of the document.

  6. Kimberly Davis

    I need a certified copy of my land deed. How do I go about getting one?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

10 + three =