The Central Building Authority, is responsible for ensuring that construction in Belize has a permit under the Belize Building Act-Chapter 131. To get permission one must submit an application along with drawings of the proposed structure that show its location, site plan, structural details, electrical drawings with load sheet that has been approved by the Public Utilities Commission (PUC), plumbing layout, waste disposal system and any other specifications or calculations that is requested on the application form.

The Central Building Authority is located on north Front Street in Belize City and it oversees local building authorities, known as LBA’s, in each municipality. There is an application fee and a permit fee.which will depend on the size of the building. Constructing without a permit will result in fines and work stoppage. After construction an Application For Permit To Use And Occupy¬† must be submitted to CBA

Belize Land Professionals offers designing, drafting and submission services, working with you from deciding on the best spot to applying for your occupation permit. See your building before it is built in Google Earth images. Furnish it and ensure that you love the layout with three dimensional views of the interior and video walk through. Costing and construction services are also available. Send us a message